OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy New Year! May 2023 be healthy, successful, lucky, and all around more pleasant!

I know better than to make New Year's resolutions (since I would pretty much inevitably fail), but the same cannot be said of others...

1: New Year's Resolution

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Jnyr0110
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Jnyr0210

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Jnyr0310

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Jnyr0410

Thank you to those who helped make this possible (i.a., Mark and both Alexes), although they bear no responsibility for my flights of silliness. And, yes, still working on more of an appropriate Jabba display.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahahaha! Absolutely hilarious! And so well posed. Han looks amazing. Laughing

Thanks for sharing your SW silliness with us. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
Okay... this is my new Star Wars "head canon" for... well, pretty much we cut out the "Carbonite" sequence and go from that point with this!

Han looks less silly dressed like this than Connery did in his Zardoz tankini outfit. In fact, the colorful costumes (or what there are of costumes) and outlandish alien characters remind me of Alex Raymond's illustrations for the Flash Gordon comic strip in the 1930s and 1940s.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was awesome, Ian. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ahahaha! Absolutely hilarious! And so well posed. Han looks amazing. Laughing

Thanks for sharing your SW silliness with us. :')
Thank you very much, I'm delighted you enjoyed it! As a hardcore Star Wars fan, I appreciate your response to my silliness.

davidd wrote:Okay... this is my new Star Wars "head canon" for... well, pretty much we cut out the "Carbonite" sequence and go from that point with this!

Han looks less silly dressed like this than Connery did in his Zardoz tankini outfit. In fact, the colorful costumes (or what there are of costumes) and outlandish alien characters remind me of Alex Raymond's illustrations for the Flash Gordon comic strip in the 1930s and 1940s.
Thank you, I'm very glad you liked it... not to mention that you decided to adopt this as your head canon. Technically, there is a way to make it work even within movie canon -- as a deleted scene -- Han's predicament could be part of his mistreatment between being decarbonated and shipped off to the Sarlacc, and likewise the wedding to Leia could have been part of a cruel joke for the amusement of Jabba and his guests.

Yes, Connery was pretty silly in Zardoz, although it was still a somewhat interesting, if trippy and poorly aged movie. Well, underneath the ornate belt and the long flaps, Han is wearing pretty much the same thing (from a gladiator set). Smile

I think we discussed some of that in the Flash Gordon thread. It also ties into the John Carter of Mars subject.

Stryker2011 wrote:That was awesome, Ian. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me.
Thank you very much, Mark, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And relieved by your choice of words. Smile I hope I am forgiven for teasing you in the newest installment of the clothing thread. Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Well, that's a way to fight discrimination Smile
(why would the Empire care about it though?)

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:It also ties into the John Carter of Mars subject.

It does, and reminds me that after I saw the first two original Star Wars films when I was a kid, I kept hoping that somebody would adapt Burroughs' book, "A Princess of Mars," using the film technology developed for Star Wars. Seeing your figures, I'm really wishing they had done so, and had cast Ford as John Carter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:Well, that's a way to fight discrimination Smile
(why would the Empire care about it though?)
Indeed. And worthy of Jabba's slimy genius. Smile Why would the Empire not care? You've been listening to too much hippie rebel propaganda! Wink

davidd wrote:

It does, and reminds me that after I saw the first two original Star Wars films when I was a kid, I kept hoping that somebody would adapt Burroughs' book, "A Princess of Mars," using the film technology developed for Star Wars. Seeing your figures, I'm really wishing they had done so, and had cast Ford as John Carter.
What did you think of the Princess of Mars (2009, Antonio Sabato Jr) and John Carter (2012, Taylor Kitsch) movies? I think I've seen the former, but can't remember anything, and I do recall quite a bit of the latter. But I was never immersed in the original works.

Illusion

Illusion
Stryker2011 wrote:That was awesome, Ian. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me.

sooooo true!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

not only always great pics but
I love your style of writing too!

Valiarde

Valiarde
cheers FINALLY the Gubernator Random bits and story thread. You make the best fanfic short stories. 

I'm a big fan of outtakes, they are often better than the original. All three are fun and cool. I don't know what it is, but your posing with the heads is always fun even without words.

Jabba is a clever man erhm or whatever it is  Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m glad we were finally able to see your Jabba acquisition. I just noticed the background image. That’s great. I’m glad you were able to put that to use as well.

By the way, both of those “Burroughs’” movies sucked. The 2009 was terrible from start to finish. The Kitsch version showed some elements from the books, but overall was pretty terrible. I used quotes around the name since they were both Hollywood fabrications that were only loosely “inspired by” the books, just like that godawful Will Smith “I Am Legend”.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) C8485110

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very funny, Ian! You are a real master in doing these hilarious little scenes.

davidd wrote:

When seeing Han in this attire, I also immediately thought of "Princess of Mars". Too bad we will likely never see a good movie/TV adaptation of these old stories. Despite being so outdated by today's standards, I had a blast reading through most of the "Barsoom" novels and "Carson of Venus"-Books a few years ago.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:

sooooo true!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

not only always great pics but
I love your style of writing too!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!

Valiarde wrote:cheers FINALLY the Gubernator Random bits and story thread. You make the best fanfic short stories. 

I'm a big fan of outtakes, they are often better than the original. All three are fun and cool. I don't know what it is, but your posing with the heads is always fun even without words.

Jabba is a clever man erhm or whatever it is  Smile

Well, Han did say he's a wonderful human being! Which was not really meant to be sarcastic, because in the (originally) deleted scene, Jabba was a human! The those idiots decided to bring it back into the movie with the most horrible CGI rendition of Jabba possible, in the Special Edition. Then they improved the CGI somewhat in the next release, but really the movie worked better without that scene in it.

Anyway, thank you very much, I'm delighted you liked them!

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m glad we were finally able to see your Jabba acquisition. I just noticed the background image. That’s great. I’m glad you were able to put that to use as well.

By the way, both of those “Burroughs’” movies sucked. The 2009 was terrible from start to finish. The Kitsch version showed some elements from the books, but overall was pretty terrible. I used quotes around the name since they were both Hollywood fabrications that were only loosely “inspired by” the books, just like that godawful Will Smith “I Am Legend”.

Yeah, I'm very happy with this Jabba after all. Obviously I would have preferred what you have (the updated and complete set), but I do love the sculpt on this one. I do wish they had matched the Kenner-and-Hasbro articulation (at least for a rotation at the "waist"), but other than that I'm completely satisfied. I had to dig deep to find what machine I had stored the Alex backdrop on, but found it eventually. It is pure awesomeness, and fully deserving of your permanent and mind-boggling diorama.

From what I recall, the 2009 movie was a "B movie" at best (is there such a thing as a "C movie"?). I kinda liked the Kitsch movie, but again, I am not burdened by knowledge of or attachment to the original fiction. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, right? I'm sure it could have been much better, like so many other things Hollywood tried their hand at.

Randam Hajile wrote:Very funny, Ian! You are a real master in doing these hilarious little scenes.

When seeing Han in this attire, I also immediately thought of "Princess of Mars". Too bad we will likely never see a good movie/TV adaptation of these old stories. Despite being so outdated by today's standards, I had a blast reading through most of the "Barsoom" novels and "Carson of Venus"-Books  a few years ago.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it! I would be lying if I said this didn't cross my mind, although the main motivation was simple enough -- for Jabba to find a way to keep his dancing girls without appearing unfair. Smile

Diana

Diana
Haha, awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful silliness with us. Always a joy. Very Happy

dadrab

dadrab
There you go...having fun again.

I thought you'd been warned about that.

Smile                              cyclops

Happy New Year, sir and thank you for the grin.

Happy New Year, as well, to all attendees and staff. I miss hanging around here (like I used to). You folks do a mighty fine job and I appreciate the opportunity to drop in from time to time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Haha, awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful silliness with us. Always a joy. Very Happy
Thank you very much, I'm so glad you liked it!

dadrab wrote:There you go...having fun again.

I thought you'd been warned about that.

Smile                              cyclops

Happy New Year, sir and thank you for the grin.

Happy New Year, as well, to all attendees and staff. I miss hanging around here (like I used to). You folks do a mighty fine job and I appreciate the opportunity to drop in from time to time.
Thank you and Happy New Year to you too! Well, you are welcome to hang out round here more. Don't be a stranger!

csyeung

csyeung
Haha Awesome Ian! Thanks for this! Happy new year!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Haha Awesome Ian! Thanks for this! Happy new year!
Thank you very much, Craig, I'm glad you liked it. Happy New Year to you too!

19Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Empty 2: Woken Vampire across the Flame Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
2: Woken Vampire across the Flame

An accidental biproduct of the Kamisoul MAF body experiment. Yes, weird lighting obscures the mismatch between this body and even pale vampirical heads. Smile But since this required special lighting, it was not fair to include in the review. Recognize the actor?

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Kmafb210

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting effect. The lighting is great. Not sure about that body to be honest.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Lost Boys! The lighting looks great ... very fitting for a vampire. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting effect. The lighting is great. Not sure about that body to be honest.

We completely agree about the body -- the point was it is not even vampiric, although in this light the mismatch was less. As for the body type, well, why not an emaciated, wasted pale vampire? Smile Don't worry, even though it was just a random head and light experiment, you have now motivated me to redo it. Should I review the light source? Which is an actual sixth-scale campfire.

Randam Hajile wrote:Lost Boys! The lighting looks great ... very fitting for a vampire. Smile

I'm glad you got it (or were you also reading the MAF body review?). Funny what venues one goes on from a couple of variables (skin tone match issues and light).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
3: Vampire lit by flames.

A retake, using two different types of fire electrical fire effects. But Ralf has to remind me how to keep the dark skies on the screen from lighting up on the photos.

A

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Kmafb211

B

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) Kmafb212

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What an entrepreneur, a trail blazer that Jabba guy is, always thinking ahead of the curve and making lots of credits along the way.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:What an entrepreneur, a trail blazer that Jabba guy is, always thinking ahead of the curve and making lots of credits along the way.
I'm glad you agree! Jabba did not become a major crime lord for nothing! And, as Han said, he's a wonderful human being!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum