OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Netflix He-Man Transformation Scene But with Sailor Moon Music

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Back in the 80s, I loved the He-Man cartoon. A new He-Man cartoon has been released just a few days ago called Masters of the Universe: Revelation. They changed the design and the mood of the story. They even added a transformation scene that resembles the Sailor Moon show, so I thought I'd make fun of this new He-Man by changing the music into actual Sailor Moon music hehe Smile

Anyway, without spoilers, it's not the He-Man show I was expecting. The animation and fight scenes are great most of the time, it's just that storywise, it's disappointing to me. Just 5 episodes that feels so unfinished. They say there's gonna be a continuation, but even so, the story hasn't really captured my love due to what they did... all I can say is when I watch a He-Man show, I expect to see He-Man in action.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm actually amazed in this day and age that they would actually make this. A guy going from being scrawny and... uhm... effeminate transforms into a muscle-bound stud who can actually be... well... "manly", when all the media seems hell-bent on tearing down anything that could be considered masculine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Netflix He-Man Transformation Scene But with Sailor Moon Music C8485110

Diana

Diana
Adeno wrote:[...] so I thought I'd make fun of this new He-Man by changing the music into actual Sailor Moon music hehe Smile
That is hilarious!! Thank you!! 
I haven't seen the new He-Man, but I don't care to. It feels too soft.

Stryker2011 wrote:I'm actually amazed in this day and age that they would actually make this. A guy going from being scrawny and... uhm... effeminate transforms into a muscle-bound stud who can actually be... well... "manly", when all the media seems hell-bent on tearing down anything that could be considered masculine.
SO TRUE! Women are to be more manly to succeed, and men are to be soft as to not offend and scare. Luscious hair and soft beards everywhere...
Of course feminized men buy more health care and beauty products...

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I'm actually amazed in this day and age that they would actually make this. A guy going from being scrawny and... uhm... effeminate transforms into a muscle-bound stud who can actually be... well... "manly", when all the media seems hell-bent on tearing down anything that could be considered masculine.

SO TRUE! Women are to be more manly to succeed, and men are to be soft as to not offend and scare. Luscious hair and soft beards everywhere...
Of course feminized men buy more health care and beauty products...

I couldn’t disagree more and I feel it’s really quite sad that you view anyone outside of a very narrow range of appearance somehow not ‘manly’..
Just because someone doesn’t aspire to be some musclebound hunk doesn’t mean they’re any less of a man and frankly, the comment about ‘feminised men’ reads as a little misogynistic. I wasn’t aware that taking care of one’s appearance was limited only to women!
(Also tbh the transformation from a weedier guy into a muscular one makes way more sense to me - from what I’ve seen of the original cartoon, Adam looked exactly the same as He-Man, just with more clothing, so what was the point? 😂)

He-Man and that particular ‘super masculine’ aesthetic has always been a power fantasy, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but historically what is considered ‘masculine’ has changed considerably over the years. You just need to look back at the baroque period with big wigs, stockings, high heels and makeup to see just how varied it has been.

I don’t see why there has to be such negativity associated with being different from the norm. :/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I probably wasn’t clear, Christine. I’m not knocking different forms of “masculinity”, I’m baffled, and find it even a bit hypocritical, that in this day and age where little boys are being brainwashed and conditioned to see Uber-masculinity as “toxic”, especially by the entertainment industry, the media, and the public education system (at least here in the states), that a show geared toward children would be showing that very same “Toxic Masculinity” as something the “skinny guy” should be to prevail over “evil”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Netflix He-Man Transformation Scene But with Sailor Moon Music C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I think the difference is in how it’s framed. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being muscular and physically powerful, or indeed small and skinny, but the power in this case is used to achieve things which would otherwise be impossible for any normal human so it isn’t really in the same league as saying ‘big muscles > no muscles’ It’s a type of magic after all, the equivalent of your average dude off the street suddenly transforming into Superman.

Even the most dedicated bodybuilder would hardly be able to do He-Man levels of anything after all! Laughing

I feel like the idea of toxic masculinity has been grossly misunderstood and misrepresented by too many. It isn’t saying that masculinity as a whole is toxic, just the outdated notion that men should be strong and stoic above all else, that repressing emotions is a sign of strength, that violence and aggression is a natural trait and that doing anything remotely female-coded is an affront to their sense of gender. Ultimately it only does more harm to men as a whole and I’m glad it’s being discussed more often, though the fact it’s so often misunderstood s frustrating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum