OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor-induced visions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Visisonor

Diana wrote:I like your entire collection!
Thanks!

I tried to follow that rule for non-StarWars characters for some time. It's really hard with 1/12 scale, for both objective and subjective reasons.

I consider size inconsistency an objective reason: some figures follow "true 1/12", others are larger (i.e. Mezco), yet others can be anywhere in between. So if I have an end all be all figure of an iconic hero and the corresponding figure of an iconic villain, I can even ignore them being from different media (cinematic version of one, comic version for the other)... But it's much worse if they don't scale with each other.

Then there are subjective things, where I just can't ignore a particularly well made figure. For Superman, as an example, I intended to have a "modern" (New 52/Rebirth) rendition of the suit. But when Mezco announced their 1978 edition, I couldn't resist it - hey, it's Christopher Reeve!

The line also gets blurry with different variants/outfits. Are Batman and Bruce Wayne the same character to be represented by just one figure? What about Peter Parker and Miles Morales? Smile

202Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm

Diana

Haha! I feel you! Laughing

I actually have my third Daredevil on the way. The first was perfect. Street level early days Netflix Daredevil. Then came a better one, not overly expensive and for the first time I thought maybe I'll combine the two and then he'll be perfect! Because he wasn't yet. And THEN came the big appearance on She-Hulk, which I loved and celebrated, so of COURSE I had to jumpt at the opportunity to get a Hot Toys Daredevil, even if he was mustard yellow...

And should there ever be a not too bulky iconic red suit Daredevil, ideally seamless, I'll be getting that one, too. What a Face

203Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Visisonor

It's been some time since I've acquired the FG078C (black hair) head by Fire Girl Toys, so I don't remember all the details, but I believe it was the last one in stock, and the only hair color available. But I also wanted a brown one, FG078A, and I found a preorder for it. Now it has arrived (along with Superman, actually):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7524
(Kate lent her her training outfit for this photo)

Of course, it is the same face as the C, with different hair (style and color).
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7523

At least in theory - on some photos skintone difference compared to pale TBL body is greater than I expected. But this can be due to lighting.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7525

Unfortunately my sample has an imperfection on the lip (didn't notice it until I've taken photos, but it's there, and I can't unsee it now).
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7522

Can this be handwaved as a scar?
This also raises a question of a possible role the new girl can play. I didn't envision her as an action girl at the time of preorder, especially with hair this long, but this was also true for FG078C, and yet she ended up as Tomoko, one of the agents in Incompatible Perceptions.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7526

But I've already played the "twins" card in my setting, and even though I have an in-story explanation for overabundance of "twins", it may still be an overuse, so I don't want to rely on it too much.

On the other hand, I don't have to set all my stories in one setting, so maybe it's better to come up with something completely unrelated.

204Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
She looks good. And the blemish seems to be nothing that a little "lipstick" won't fix. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

205Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I agree, she looks fantastic!

206Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks good.
BAMComix wrote:I agree, she looks fantastic!
Thanks.
Yeah, Fire Girl Toys headsculpts are beautiful.
As for fixing - with my painting skills I'll only make it worse, heh.

207Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue May 07, 2024 5:47 am

Diana

Diana
She looks great!! So much so that I shall look for that head now. Very Happy
I can only find the blonde version on Ebay and it's very expensive with shipping. Where did you get yours?

I struggled to find the imperfection. Maybe she's a nervous type and bites her lips? ^^

208Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue May 07, 2024 8:25 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Biting her lips is a neat idea, thanks.
I got mine from BBTS.

209Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Yesterday at 5:54 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
A somewhat out-of-band figure / mini-review: S.H. Figuarts Gwen:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7610

I normally don't collect SHF outside of Star Wars, because they are open-jointed figures (as for Star Wars, there are almost no soft goods offerings at 1/12 scale, apart from two as of now unreleased third-party figures).

But there are exceptions every now and then. For example, I'd normally get a figure like cinematic Wonder Woman from Mezco. But its likeness was subpar, and outfit did not cover most of the joints anyway, not to mention the articulation, so I've settled for SHF instead.

With Gwen Stacy / Ghost Spider, the Mezco version has not been released yet, but it is expected to be on the same body they use for all female characters:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 X800-14497

So I decided to get SHF Gwen for articulation.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7611

I'm still not entirely convinced I should have done it, though.
The figure itself is quite good. A decent representation of the animated version of the character, with sturdy joints (despite their tiny size) and good likeness
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7612

But articulation is... not exceptional. It's good, definitely better than that of all Mezco female characters released so far. But I've seen better. And for spider-themed character I find her articulation insufficient. Ab crunch specifically, she can't really do a crouching tiger spider pose like this:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Clean

Curiously, in scale she is closer to Mezco than to SHF:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7613
Oops, wrong universe

Too tall, compared to Synthetic Humans:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7616

But of course the visible joints stand out too much.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7614

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Cnr_7615
Blondes!

So again, a figure does not really satisfy me. Maybe I'm becoming too nitpicky, maybe real life events affect me in this way.
Though I've expected it to not be perfect. And she comes with parts I can use for a possible custom Ghost Spider (if I find a Romankey body).

210Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Yesterday at 6:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean, but with your robotical figures (synthetic humans), you could probably make her a variant model and integrate her in your 12th-scale universe.

211Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 9 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Today at 2:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Spider Gwen looks cool!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum