OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female head with TBL body catalogue

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Esganado wrote:
Grover wrote:
Integrity toys head sculpt in the Nubian skin tones

Those look amazing! Fit perfectly in color. What was the change that had to be done to the head to fit in place?
I would guess primarily (or at least) the neck opening. It is likely that it would have needed to be drilled open wider, judging by other doll lines and their heads.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

77Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:01 pm

Grover

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 20240215
I put the neck connector in the clear tube. Widen out the neck of the head sculpt and trim the tube to the height I want the head.

78Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:58 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
That's a neat way to do it. I would have just used rolled-up foamies, but this is more professional.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

79Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:17 am

Esganado

Grover wrote:Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 20240215
I put the neck connector in the clear tube. Widen out the neck of the head sculpt and trim the tube to the height I want the head.

Very neat!

80Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:44 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Interesting to see Integrity heads can work, I was checking out a couple online to see what might match the new tbleague colours - great to know they can be an option, with some adaptations.

81Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 1:33 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Series of photos of the heads I own shot all on one particular body I have S17 Suntan, hopefully useful comparisons for color, size, etc.

NOTES:
1. I’ve tried to note the brand and model number if and when I could find one.
2. I did NOT adjust the height of all the head mount plugs to fit this body the best they can, so some may be a bit high on the neck.  
3. I shot all these on an iPhone using a LED ring light set to “white” light and then did a very basic auto color correction on the phone.
I like this head though her expression is a bit blank. I’m not sure if she is supported to be “Pale” or “Tan” thought the “A” in her code might suggest Pale .. I just don’t know. On a naked S17 body the head kind of feels small, but dressed it improves and the head is nicely painted. Like many long haired heads the hair will need some training or something to getting it looking nice.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5817
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5816
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5818
A very nice head, well painted and a subtle expression , overall the head looks pretty realistic , hair on this model is in a bun so take caution not to mess that up or you’ll likely have a bad time trying to fix it. The little sideburn part of the hairdo could stand some hair wax (a touch) just to get it to look more natural instead of all over the place.
I feel it fits the S17B very well and in costume has a very pleasant life like look.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5820
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5819
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5821

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5822
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5824
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5823

I love the purple hail, but she comes in other colors as well. The face has a bit of a youthful look compared to some others I have and is not quite as “real” feeling, but I really like the head and look overall.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5826
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5827
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5825

NOTES: it’s a nice head and seems to fit the body pretty well, side swept hair is a bit of a caution as it can get fouled and will need training with hair wax or other means. I like the head but it reminds me too much of Taylor Swift , not that thats bad .. it’s just not what I wanted.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5829
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5830
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5828

Overall not a bad head really, but the nose is a bit broad (a personal thing) and the hair just seems too fake? .. I don’t know too yellow blonde or something that kills any realism for me … Barbie hair only works on Barbie I guess.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5831
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5833
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5832

NOTES: Oddly it fits the scale of the body pretty well, I could see doing some gag shots with this or one of the muscular male bodies. I’m not sure if jack in the Box still sells antenna Jack balls or not.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5834
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5835

The Full body photo is a bit distorted as are the others due to iPhones lenses and my focus went bad.
But in hand the body and head match up pretty well and look even better dressed.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5910
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5911
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5912

NOTES: the bangs are side swept on this particular head which is not what many of the Ad photos suggest (minor thing), the bangs look to need a trim or many a wash(?) to get a “kink” out of her bangs and the long hair in back caused by the packing.  Bangs may have been trimmed prolly at factory as the seem longer that they should be.
Back of the head is a very dark brown compared to face.
The Face has a bit of a mold line on one side and some molding “flash” on one side of jaw, pretty minor, should clean up easy enough.  Overall a fairly nice head, not fantastic, but I think very useable once the small issues (hair mostly) are dealt with.

I shot her with white LED lighting and Soft Natural Sun Light (last two), the tone of face to body looks pretty good so far in natural light.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6113
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6114
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6112

Shot under soft natural sun light, note the neck looks ok from front, but large gap on the side, trimming the mounting plug could reduce this , BUT it might be just this particular body.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6115
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6117
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_6116

82Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The last, blonde, brand and model unknown head seems to be the Jenner head from Very Cool (VCF-2037B). Thanks for sharing, very methodical.

83Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a great selection of heads. All vert stunning in their own way.

84Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 6:48 am

Diana

Diana
Great! Thank you, Gwebberarts, for the additions. I've added a link to the first post.

85Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
GubernatorFan wrote:The last, blonde, brand and model unknown head seems to be the Jenner head from Very Cool (VCF-2037B). Thanks for sharing, very methodical.

Added that info to the text, thanks.

86Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 3:07 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:That's a great selection of heads. All vert stunning in their own way.

Thanks, I’m kinda picky about heads, most of these when fitted correctly and with proper lighting should photograph really well I think.

87Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue May 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Diana wrote:Great! Thank you, Gwebberarts, for the additions. I've added a link to the first post.

Awesome, thanks

88Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu May 09, 2024 3:06 am

French

French
Gwebberarts wrote:

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Img_5834

I didn't know this model. It's funny and perfect for Christmas

89Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu May 09, 2024 5:43 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
French wrote:
Gwebberarts wrote:

I didn't know this model. It's funny and perfect for Christmas

Laughing Laughing Laughing

90Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat May 11, 2024 12:04 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Mod: New entry merged into Gwebberarts' initial catalogue post: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7575p75-female-head-with-tbl-body-catalogue#114258

91Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun May 12, 2024 10:55 am

Diana

Diana
Hello Gwebberarts, I hope you don't mind that I merged your various posts into your initial post as per the rules for this thread (see first post). This is so that everybody's entries can be found with the one link in the original post. Thank you for your continued contribution! Much appreciated! You are of course welcome to bump the topic to let people know you've added a new entry to your catalogue! I love you

92Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 4 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Diana wrote:Hello Gwebberarts, I hope you don't mind that I merged your various posts into your initial post as per the rules for this thread (see first post). This is so that everybody's entries can be found with the one link in the original post. Thank you for your continued contribution! Much appreciated! You are of course welcome to bump the topic to let people know you've added a new entry to your catalogue! I love you

Sure, thats fine.  I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it, I barely know what I’m doing when I post as it is Laughing

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
For anyone interested I added some notes and thoughts about each of the heads I posted (and a new head). I’ll update the Notes (how the photograph, lighting, hair fixes, etc) as I work with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum