OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Translation required....sort of.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Translation required....sort of.  Empty Translation required....sort of. Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:29 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
NOTE:  I am not trying to poke fun at or disparage the Scots here, but merely trying to prove that Oscar Wilde's famous quote about Americans and Britons being two people separated by a common language applies equally to the English and Scots.

Translation required....sort of.  53433379556_31cbda6671_b
Page_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Translation required....sort of.  53433529563_5cebbf0b24_b
Page_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Translation required....sort of.  53433379571_809deba71e_b
Page_3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Translation required....sort of.  53433810940_a67e086ee0_b
Page_4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

2Translation required....sort of.  Empty Re: Translation required....sort of. Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:47 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very fun! It reminds me of the way Mark Twain would right languages in his novels. Awesome stuff, Gary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Translation required....sort of.  1f10

3Translation required....sort of.  Empty Re: Translation required....sort of. Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:33 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Funny. I love the melody of the Scottish accent, but can hardly understand anything. Thanks for the nice little conversation with subtitles Smile

4Translation required....sort of.  Empty Re: Translation required....sort of. Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:33 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Very good indeed, I heard Sean Connery loud and clear as I was reading.\
BUT .. the hidden gem was the sign in the background, missing the letter "P". Rather presents an entirely different meaning. Fun to see.

5Translation required....sort of.  Empty Re: Translation required....sort of. Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:31 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
NavySubGuy wrote:Very good indeed, I heard Sean Connery loud and clear as I was reading.\
BUT .. the hidden gem was the sign in the background, missing the letter "P". Rather presents an entirely different meaning. Fun to see.

To put the sign in its proper context requires that you can see the whole thing.

Translation required....sort of.  53431020116_e2c417de7d_c
Silly Signs_1 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

6Translation required....sort of.  Empty Re: Translation required....sort of. Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:43 pm

DarthJ

I could understand it. Spending many holidays in Scotland helps.

One remark though, I doubt the Scottish still use "Auld Reekie" (Old Smokey) for Edinburgh as it's not very relevant anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum