OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current Project

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am

Gwebberarts

A few more photos.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5618
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5619
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5620
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5618

27Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am

Gwebberarts

Don’t know why photos keeps going sideways pale

28Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

csyeung

Looking good. Yea the pale bodies are so pale, unless the head was specifically made pale, I find very few that pale. Sometimes Superduck heads tend to match, but even these days, a lot of them are closer to the suntan. Great idea for the magnets. Only time I've had them snap is when it came close to a stack of other magnets and it mustve been on an angle and pulled harder on one side, but usually 1 or 2 should be fine.

Gwebberarts wrote:Don’t know why photos keeps going sideways pale

I've had that happen before. I think i cropped them slightly and miraculously they were right way up. Don't know the reason why though but usually it happened with my phone camera pics.

29Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

Gwebberarts

csyeung wrote: Great idea for the magnets. Only time I've had them snap is when it came close to a stack of other magnets and it mustve been on an angle and pulled harder on one side, but usually 1 or 2 should be fine.

Yes, I’ve had some that were 3mm thick chip out sides and such .. the cheaper brands do that a lot.
Love playing with crazy ideas using magnets for costume elements, in the future all my figures will have magnetic boots (space theme, so it makes sense), so they can “free” stand on metal plates. Still need to work out how many magnets to use for a strong grip but still get them off the base plate without a hoist. 😂

30Current Project - Page 2 Empty Progress Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
The Commander got an updated gun holster eliminating the plastic version and a few new belt details.
New girl had to have a 1/6 inch trimmed off the top of her neck plug to get a better fit down to her neck , now she wants to know where her costume is … I guess it’s chilly.
Meanwhile the tester girl got all decked out for a photo but is demanding a better body than the hard jointed one.  Sadly she will have to wait as i have another girl coming … well, her head and costume anyway.   Meanwhile Ill be making more belts and whatnot for these girls.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5712
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5711
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5710

31Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
So I’ve been thinking on this project and and will be adding a fourth figure with a different costume design that I hope to loosely base on a movie character.

The other thing I’ve been pondering hard is the hands, while some old Sci-fi films opted for bare hands, I tend to like the gloved hands as it feels more complete costume wise. The issue becomes the more I study the “look” the more I feel like they should have full black gloves instead of fingerless or white. That creates the problem of needed four sets of gloved hands and that is going to get pricey ($20 per set from what I’ve found so far). So gloves may have to wait a while and I just burned cash on a head, body and costume parts all in the same day 🫤

32Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool!

33Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
One of my projects starting to take off.
Costume held together with super glue and a prayer.
May or may not change the head , not sure yet.
Not fond of this hard jointed body, but it’s just a throw together project , so it is what it is.
May do more detailing in the future.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5714

34Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
It may be only just holding together, but she looks fantastic!

35Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:55 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Looks reasonably realistic, hard sci-fi - I like it.

36Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:It may be only just holding together, but she looks fantastic!

Thanks, it was definitely a learning experience and maybe sometime I’ll use it as a pattern to make a better harness that’s stitch together, but that would be for a better body than Miss Nipples 😂😂

37Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Visisonor wrote:Looks reasonably realistic, hard sci-fi - I like it.

She’s not too bad, a bit of a test bed for ideas which hopefully will get improved over time

38Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:17 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Talk about annoying .. a lovely head sculpt, nice hairdo, and then ….
Somebody in quality control is color blind , on a long hair head this would be ok, but on a updo hair style it’s just a crime. Badly mismatched color front to back on an otherwise really nice head.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5717
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5718
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5716

39Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:08 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Really like these three heads a lot, just have a nice feel to them and look fairly life like (with good lighting anyway). I have a fourth head coming that I’m hoping will fit in with the group, but I may have to mix and match who plays what character. I can only pst three photos at a time, so I’ll post the fourth head in next post. Once i have all the heads and basic costume parts, then I can get on with scratch building accessories (belts, holsters, weapons, costume parts and details, etc)

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5720
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5721
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5719

40Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Head number four still in shipping.  There’s others I may consider as well as I’m not 100% sold on the smile for the character .. nothing like having more heads than bodies Laughing Laughing

Current Project - Page 2 Img_2215
Current Project - Page 2 Img_2214

41Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 01, 2024 9:48 am

Zes

Zes
I guess I'm colorblind, lol. I'm not seeing a difference in color between the front and back of the hair.

I agree, they're nice looking head sculpts

42Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 01, 2024 9:54 am

Talon65

Zes wrote:I guess I'm colorblind, lol. I'm not seeing a difference in color between the front and back of the hair.

I think he's talking about the different skin tones between the front and back of the skull.

43Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 01, 2024 10:10 am

Zes

Zes
Talon65 wrote:
Zes wrote:I guess I'm colorblind, lol. I'm not seeing a difference in color between the front and back of the hair.

I think he's talking about the different skin tones between the front and back of the skull.

Ah, yeah, I see it now. Thanks. I was thinking they used two different shades of rooted hair before, lol.

Yeah, I assume they couldn't be bothered to match the colors on both head pieces. Bad QC, indeed.

44Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 01, 2024 1:25 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts

Front and back of the HEAD not the hair. The plastic color is mismatched

45Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Wed May 01, 2024 1:35 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
A head sculpt I found last night that I really like is of course not only a pre-order, it’s a delayed pre-order as well and after asking, theres no known updated ETA for it either.

I dont know about you guys, but waiting for stuff from to come from China when I can’t find a US seller is bad enough .. but a unknown pre-order that only has a tiny discount and no known future ? .. no thanks … love the sculpt, but not that much.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_2210

46Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Fri May 03, 2024 2:13 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Working on an assortment of Blasters for the ladies.
Blasters and Costumes are far from their final form, but waiting for stuff to come in the mail is just part of the hobby.
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5723
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5722

47Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Fri May 03, 2024 2:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They look great! A formidable crew indeed Very Happy .

48Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Fri May 03, 2024 4:10 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:They look great! A formidable crew indeed Very Happy .

Thanks, as soon as I get some more bits and pieces in and cand sit down and work on the costumes, it’ll get more interesting (I hope)

49Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Fri May 03, 2024 4:13 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Some closer shots. Long ways to go still. Enjoy.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5725
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5726
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5724

50Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat May 04, 2024 2:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They do look very 60s retro which suits your crews look.

51Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sat May 04, 2024 2:44 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
BAMComix wrote:They do look very 60s retro which suits your crews look.

That’s the general game plan, hardest part is finding head sculpts that have the right look and realism.  Which is why I’m still struggling to find two or three more heads that fit in.  Too many just look off.

52Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Sun May 05, 2024 5:52 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Well, so far building the Blaster Guns has been going ok with a few minor changes nowhere and there.
Will update as I make more progress. Ordered two more heads so theres going to be a bit of a mix and match party when they get here around end of month. I should have more costume parts before then so I can dress bodies and start planing the details.

Anyway, Ill post photos as things happen.

53Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 06, 2024 2:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Gwebberarts wrote:Well, so far building the Blaster Guns has been going ok with a few minor changes nowhere and there.
Will update as I make more progress.   Ordered two more heads so theres going to be a bit of a mix and match party when they get here around end of month.  I should have more costume parts before then so I can dress bodies and start planing the details.

Anyway, Ill post photos as things happen.

Looking forward to the future updates Very Happy

54Current Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Project Mon May 06, 2024 6:06 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
The second basic uniform came in today, so I got her dressed for a couple photos.
I’ve also been working on the Blasters a bunch making adjustments for better fit to what the figures can actually do in a pose (wrist movement, arm length, hand hold).

Also added some more goodies to the Commanders belt, the buckle got some updates, added some detailing, radio has a magnetic mount, so it comes on and off like the buckle.  Everything still needs sanding and paint, that’ll be well into the future when I can afford to buy suitable paints.

Thinking I may do a series of photos of all the heads on a single bare body so people can do comparison shopping, so to speak. I know others have been doing this too, so I thought I’d help out when all my heads arrive.  I’m really picky about having a certain “look” for the heads I will use and I’ve looked at hundreds of heads and only bought a few only to still have rejects.

Something interesting I found is I have four S17 bodies and some have only a single wrist ball and other have two joints in the wrist allowing for better movement of the hands.  I have to assume the single wrist is older stock (?) that I ended up with even though they all were bought within the year, a couple with in the same month. Also, one of the the neck stud sticks out much further than the others, that or the pour of TPF it was short .. had to cut the plug short so the head would sit lower.

Anyway, enjoy the photos, comments welcome.

Current Project - Page 2 Img_5814
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5815
Current Project - Page 2 Img_5813

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum