OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:16 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I recently received a TBL figure from my favorite dealer (S22A).

The box is the traditional black and red lettering but there was a logo(?) on the lower end front of the box and on the bottom flap that had a silver OBEST.

What does that mean? Many thanks!

2What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 am

Zes

Zes
I'm not too sure myself. They are either a distributor or a bootlegger of 1/6-scale bodies.

I purchased a WorldBox AT202 body from Obest on Amazon a few weeks ago, and it was definitely an authentic WorldBox body with authentic packaging. So I'm leaning towards thinking they are a distributor of some sort.

3What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I tried to look it up after seeing the question but although I found it in reference to tbleague in several ebay listings, I saw no explanation. Some ebay posts have it as a brand. But maybe Zes is right and it's a distributor.

4What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 am

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Zes wrote:I'm not too sure myself. They are either a distributor or a bootlegger of 1/6-scale bodies.

I purchased a WorldBox AT202 body from Obest on Amazon a few weeks ago, and it was definitely an authentic WorldBox body with authentic packaging. So I'm leaning towards thinking they are a distributor of some sort.

GubernatorFan wrote:I tried to look it up after seeing the question but although I found it in reference to tbleague in several ebay listings, I saw no explanation.  Some ebay posts have it as a brand. But maybe Zes is right and it's a distributor.

Thank folks..

I am 99% sure it is a TBL figure as I have a second S22A and they compare perfectly. The box, the literature and the plastic doll holder all match perfectly.

The facts do look like what you guys are suggesting and that they are a distributor.

I have asked me dealer if he knows what OBEST is, but I have not heard back yet.
I pass any info on, if he can tell me.

5What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I’ve got several TBL bodies with that label. They’re a distributor. You’ll see them and HiPlay a lot on eBay and Amazon. No need to worry, they’re TBL, or WorldBox as the case may be.

6What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
MeMyself&I wrote:I’ve got several TBL bodies with that label. They’re a distributor. You’ll see them and HiPlay a lot on eBay and Amazon. No need to worry, they’re TBL, or WorldBox as the case may be.  

Thank you.
Although I was not too concerned it was fake, you did put my mind to rest. Very Happy

7What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Empty Re: What is "OBEST" on my TBLeague box. Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
NavySubGuy wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:I’ve got several TBL bodies with that label. They’re a distributor. You’ll see them and HiPlay a lot on eBay and Amazon. No need to worry, they’re TBL, or WorldBox as the case may be.  

Thank you.
Although I was not too concerned it was fake, you did put my mind to rest. Very Happy

You’re welcome! Weird and confusing at first for sure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum