OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BAMComix

BAMComix
Not sure if this is in the right place, if not please feel free to move it Wink .

I decided to try and do a how to as I build a fantasy dungeon/castle stone wall and wooden door diorama piece. Here is part one, and how far I've got so far. Hope you find it useful Very Happy .

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108894_bac7d2424e_c
 BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52681826871_28426e4964_c
 BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108864_c91d4e3259_c
 BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52682108834_9d8a109068_c
 BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. 52681307527_2b087732e6_c

Diana

Diana
Oooh! This looks promising!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Do you happen to have these pictures saved as larger versions? The text is very small... What a Face

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:Oooh! This looks promising!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Do you happen to have these pictures saved as larger versions? The text is very small... What a Face

Thanks Diana, I'm hoping to continue with it next week, time permitting. Here is a link to my flickr, once there, if you click on the pic it will enlarge for you, then just keep clicking the left arrow to find and enlarge the rest of the pages  Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/52682108894/in/dateposted/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a good start.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BAMComix How to - Build a stone wall and wooden door. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. Looks pretty great already.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great progress, always helpful to see the materials and processes used. Hope you get a good run at the next stage.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It does look good.

However I got two things to nitpick about (to improve a second project further):
- you now extended the lines across the planks. Since the lines portray the nerfs of the wood, and planks are sawn they rarely are lined up between planks (but I get the way you made it is easier to make and when finished it will barely be noticed)
- over the door there's usually a large stone piece or plank to get more structural rigidity.

Don't fret about it though

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like a good start.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. Looks pretty great already.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Great progress, always helpful to see the materials and processes used. Hope you get a good run at the next stage.

Thanks guys for all the feedback bounce . I will hopefully get more done over the coming week, time permitting. bounce bounce

BAMComix

BAMComix
TravelGuide wrote:It does look good.

However I got two things to nitpick about (to improve a second project further):
- you now extended the lines across the planks. Since the lines portray the nerfs of the wood, and planks are sawn they rarely are lined up between planks (but I get the way you made it is easier to make and when finished it will barely be noticed)
- over the door there's usually a large stone piece or plank to get more structural rigidity.

Don't fret about it though

Thanks! Thanks also for the feedback Very Happy . When I start out to create a diorama piece, my ideas often work in a state of evolving over time, so the feedback really helps. You are indeed correct about the support beam or load bearing stone, usually found in an arch. Clearly, this is something I can now correct in my build. I will most probably create a wooden looking beam of some kind, and see if I can cut away some of the stone work above the door, so I can fit one. Good eye bounce .
As for the door planks, I'm not too bothered about that, the door was created from one piece of hardboard and had the wood grain scored in it before I cut in the plank lines, and as you say, once painted and dry-brushed, I doubt anyone will notice.
My final dio's usually differ greatly from my original plans because of taking on feedback Wink , it's just how my creative process works Very Happy .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum