OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. Empty BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. Thu May 04, 2023 9:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I recently took apart some old units, and salvaged quite a bit of hardboard from them which I put to one side until I could think of what I could use them for Wink . Before long, I'd decided I wanted to make a larger stone tile floor dio piece. If you want to make one yourself, you will need:

1 - A chipboard or plywood base (size is optional).

2 - some hardboard to cut 2"x2" tiles.

3 - Salastic glue.

4 - Sand or salt

5 - black and grey paint. I used Acrylic paint which I brush on.

6 - Some PVA glue.

7 - A few foamboard off cuts.

Step 1,

Find yourself an area you can leave your project where it won't be disturbed while drying.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 1

Step 2,

Grab your cut down hardboard tiles and sort them into sizes. Some of mine were smaller than others, so I tried to match them in close sizes for each row. When you're ready, squirt some salactic glue onto the bottom of each tile, then start to glue them into rows.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 4
BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 2
BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 3

When I had all my rows, I had tiles left over, so I started making some loose and broken tiles. I also cut some small pieces of foamboard to create a couple of stone blocks.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 5

Step 3,

Paint the whole thing black, be careful to get into all the gaps. Once the paint is dry, paint some pva glue into the gaps and around the edges of the tiles. again, allow to dry.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 6
BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 7

Step 4,

Mix up the desired colour of tiles, and paint the whole thing again. I also mixed up a grouting colour in between the tiles, but I forgot to take a pic of that stage Sad . Once that is done, Mix a darker colour for the tiles you want them to look like, and begin to drybrush.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 8
BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 9

Step 5,

Mix up the final colour you want for your tiles. Then carefully dry brush the tiles only.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 10

Hopefully by this stage you will have what you wanted.

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 52866113057_a9ba9ec80a_c

Hope you guys found this useful, Thanks for looking bounce bounce bounce bounce

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I am playing Elden Ring and see something like this made me feel so nostalgic.....God hand!

I am not doing this I got 0 talent about construction work, though I think if you add a little moss or green shredded stuff, it would be looks more natural and aged

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

BAMComix

BAMComix
lawlaw91 wrote:I am playing Elden Ring and see something like this made me feel so nostalgic.....God hand!

I am not doing this I got 0 talent about construction work, though I think if you add a little moss or green shredded stuff, it would be looks more natural and aged

Very Happy Great minds my friend, I'm currently awaiting some flock to arrive cheers

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Awesome tutorial. That diorama looks so cool. You did a fantastic job, and thanks for explaining all the steps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. 1f10

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great work, Dal. I recently adopted Valiarde's styrodur technique for stone plates, cutting them with a heated wire. Your plates are obviously much more sturdy than styrodur, though. Thanks for sharing!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Fantastic transformation, thanks for showing the stages! It’s a great moody stone backdrop with your wall and door.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the tutorial, Dal. Once again, you did a beautiful job.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2012 wrote:Awesome tutorial. That diorama looks so cool. You did a fantastic job, and thanks for explaining all the steps.

Tanks Mark Very Happy . I hope you find it useful.

Randam Hajile wrote:Great work, Dal. I recently adopted Valiarde's styrodur technique for stone plates, cutting them with a heated wire. Your plates are obviously much more sturdy than styrodur, though. Thanks for sharing!

Many thanks Ralf. Yeah, I read over his work too, he is an incredible set builder! The beauty of hardboard is you can cut it with a craft knife, and as you say, it is certainly sturdier bounce .

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Fantastic transformation, thanks for showing the stages! It’s a great moody stone backdrop with your wall and door.

Thank you bounce Happy to help, I hope you found it useful Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the tutorial, Dal. Once again, you did a beautiful job.

Thanks so much Ian, I'm always happy to share any building tips bounce . I think it's how we all get better, adapting techniques from each other. I only ever hope it can be helpful. I'm currently working on part two of the door/wooden door tutorial too bounce

Diana

Diana
This is great and I especially like that final image. Looks really good.
I've added this thread to the Tutorial TOC.

10BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. Empty Re: BAMComix - Building a stone tile floor. Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:This is great and I especially like that final image. Looks really good.
I've added this thread to the Tutorial TOC.

Thanks so much Diana Very Happy . Thank you also for popping it into tutorial section Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum